Monday, January 31, 2011

Ski party Sunday

Yesterday, Michael and I picked up Nannette and her daughter Alli to drive up to meet Allison in Wisconsin. We went to the Jelly Belly distribution center and took the tour, then went to Wilmot mountain for skiing. This was the best I've skiied ever - and it was only my third time skiing. I went down one black diamond slope and bit it. But no broken bones. After that I stayed on the green and blue slopes. Allison did great for her second time skiing. Her goal was not to cry so she way surpassed that goal.

Today, the governor of Illinois, Pat Quinn, will be signing a civil union act. It's still rather obnoxious in a separate and not quite equal kind of way, but at least it's a step forward. I want to find out more exactly what we have and don't have with a civil union related to marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment